Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need piston rings for 78 GS1000

Hi!

I need new piston rings (for all 4 pistons). Can anyone tell me of a good, reliable store, that has a website, that sells this things, accepts bank transfers as payment (I don't like using Paypal) and who ships into Europe?

Oh, yeah, the price should be acceptable too... the only one in Europe I found wants 300 $ for all four rings sets....

Thanks!

Noobie

well the "ships to Europe" part is the hard part. there are tons of places but I don't know about shipping restrictions they may have.

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Comment

Worth trying:
      We offer genuine Suzuki motorcycle parts from the 1970s to the present day. Just use our simple parts navigator to find your part or enter the part number in our order pad!

or

or
      Welcome to Robinsons Foundry, your one-stop for all your motorcycling needs. Full range of new & used motorcycles for sale in Kent + Servicing, MOTs, Suzuki Parts & Accessories.

or

or

All in the UK
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

And then if you go to an engine rebuilder parts supplier and ask him to look up which Fiat (Palio?) has a 70 mm piston you will find that the rings are 100% the same size, see the sizes in the service manual. They are made by Hastings and the number is 2C5051. They both use a 70mm piston with exactly the same ring sizes, even the end gap is correct.
        A set 4 rings for a car is most likely 5 to 10 times cheaper than the OEM!
        Enjoy!!

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys, I emailed those stores if they ship to my country, will wait what they'll say

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
          And then if you go to an engine rebuilder parts supplier and ask him to look up which Fiat (Palio?) has a 70 mm piston you will find that the rings are 100% the same size, see the sizes in the service manual. They are made by Hastings and the number is 2C5051. They both use a 70mm piston with exactly the same ring sizes, even the end gap is correct.
          A set 4 rings for a car is most likely 5 to 10 times cheaper than the OEM!
          Enjoy!!
          But will those rings stand the forces? The GS has 4000 more RPM than the Fiat...

Comment

Originally posted by noobie View Post
            But will those rings stand the forces? The GS has 4000 more RPM than the Fiat...
            Speak to any reputable engine rebuilder near to you and I am sure that they will tell you that it is not a factor at all! Fiat parts should be plentifull up your way and easy to get. My friend here has been running the Fiat rings for a while now in his GS1000 and no problems at all.
            But it is your call, just replied as you asked for a cheaper option and there is no cheaper option than this unless you get them for free!

PS Dont forget the gasket set, they are also available from Athena (and maybe the cheapest), but here you will have to use their Suzuki set!!
            Last edited by Guest; 11-24-2008, 05:47 PM.

Comment

noobie, you'll find that most of the big retailers use ups or fedex postal services and they are often very expensive for overseas purchases

what you want is somebody who ships USPS and charges the actual shipping rates
              look it up here:
              www.usps.com
              (you can figure out the shipping cost yourself)

i have good experience with www.z1enterprises.com - i even ask them to adjust the shipping rate if it seems excesive to me (and they do do it) -however, suzuki oem parts are on a ten day back-order so be prepared to wait
              GS850GT

Comment

well, I emailed all the retailers focus frenzy and hampshirehog listed, in two days only Bikebandit answered. And unfortunately they don't ship to my country...

Well, I sent them another email if they ship to Germany. I have some friends there who could forward it to me, so... we'll see what the Bandits say.

psyguy, thanks for the link

if nothing pans out, then will follow Matchless' suggestion and put in Fiat's rings, I'm already checking if they have them in my city

Thanks for your help, guys!

Comment

given the helpfulness of people on this forum i bet you could find someone who could buy the parts and send them to you on the cheap side

i have had such an offer from members here

good luck
                  GS850GT

Comment

Working...
                  X