pre muffler rubber washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pre muffler rubber washers

I have a replacement pre muffler for my 81 gs850. The three screws that hold it in place have rubber washer that needs to go in the holes on the pre muffler. covering both sides of the hole. I don't see how these pieces... rubber cushions/washers can be fit into the holes. Is there anyone that can help me with this mystery?

It is my impression that they are multi-piece assemblies, just like the gas tank mounts, and unless there is something wrong with your holes, there should be no problem fitting them. In the drawing, it appears that you will need three each of parts 11 thru 15.

Muffler fische

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

the rubber groomets are a push-fit parts
      they need to be soft to be able to squeeze them in or out
      if they are hard it just wont work

the groomet that holds your front brake hose by the handlebars is the same principle (as are some others)
      GS850GT

Comment

Well, the rubber isn't really hard, but I'm sure it's not as soft and pliable as it needs to be to work it into the opening.

Comment

It takes a little doing to get the gromets in, but they should go. They came out with out too much trouble(although they had more oil and grease on them). Once the gromets are in place, the steel sleeves slip right in.

Andy
          1986 GS1150ES "JUNO QUICK”
          1984 GS1100GK
          1982 GS1100E “RANGER”
          1978 GS750E-"JUNO RIOT" on the road in 2013
          1980 GS550GL complete, original, 4900 miles

Comment

Working...
          X