Weird noise from guages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird noise from guages

Hi, when I was firing up the bike after I got the carbs reinstalled I noticed a weird hooting/whirring/whatever noise from the guage panel, it only does it when you rev it a bit, at idle it doesnt do it.

the tach seems to rev fine, and I never touched this stuff at all during the carb rebuild, any ideaas?

check for a kink in the tach cable.
    the tach and speedo also are known for getting noisy right before they quit.

Comment

I'll have a look, I suspect something like that cause it didn't do it before I took the tank/carbs out, but it does now. Of course it could just be one of those wonderfuly misleading coincidences, hate those...

Ill check tonight.

Thanks!

Comment

Turn the gauges upside down and put a few drops of oil in the cable connection

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
          Turn the gauges upside down and put a few drops of oil in the cable connection
          better yet go to the Lowes and pick up a can of "DuPont Teflon multi-use dry, wax lubricant"

penetrates and dries quick to a slick coating.

gaining popularity quickly as the perfect motorcycle chain lube, O-ring safe and it dries completely. it has Teflon so it is slick yet is virtually clear and will not fling off and make mess of rear wheel.

Comment

Working...
          X