fuel guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel guage

I just installed gsxr instrument cluster on my gs 1150 and I am going to miss my gas gauge. Does anyone know if this gauge will work on the 1150? Or do you know of any guages that will?

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Thanks for any help

Gerry

My 850 book says .5-118 ohms so it doesn't sound like it will your

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      My 850 book says .5-118 ohms so it doesn't sound like it will your
      Thanks for the info, I never thought to look in the manual and compare the difference in ohms.
      I didn't understand how it worked but I think I have the idea now, in my book it says-

Full = 5-10 ohms
      1/2 = 30-35 ohms
      empty= 40-60 ohms

So I would need a gauge that will work in the 5 - 60 ohms range. Now for the hard part, to find one.

Thanks Gerry

Comment

Re: fuel guage

Originally posted by Gerry
        I just installed gsxr instrument cluster on my gs 1150 and I am going to miss my gas gauge. Does anyone know if this gauge will work on the 1150? Or do you know of any guages that will?

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Thanks for any help

Gerry
        Gerry,

Do you have any pictures of the instrumentation rebuild?

Comment

Thanks for any help

Gerry
          I think I have an 1150 fuel guage but there is nothing to mount it in.

Comment

Re: fuel gauge

Originally posted by kz

Thanks for any help

Gerry
            Gerry,

Do you have any pictures of the instrumentation rebuild?
            I took a picture of the gsx cluster in place without any plastic on. I will finish the roll up with the plastic in place and post all the pictures. (maybe next week) The guy who built and set up the motor is giving it a once over this week.

Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by 1100ed

Thanks for any help

Gerry
              Thanks for the offer Scotty but I still have my original cluster that I am going to take apart to mount the gear indicator and if I can use the gas gauge out of it I'll give it a try. I was hoping to find an aftermarket that would be easy to hook up.

Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by 1100ed

Thanks for any help

Gerry
                Thanks for the offer Scotty but I still have my original cluster that I am going to take apart to mount the gear indicator and if I can use the gas gauge out of it I'll give it a try. I was hoping to find an aftermarket that would be easy to hook up.

Gerry
                Join the looking group. I have wanted to find a speedometer head that is mechanically driven((that i can mount within the original casing) for my gs 110e. I have a 16 inch wheel on it and the speedo it of by the diference between the 16 and 18 inch ront wheel.

Comment

Working...
                X