Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have a Timesert kit for sparkplugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have a Timesert kit for sparkplugs?

I'm looking at permanently fixing a stripped spark plug hole on my bike and I didn't know if anyone on here had a used kit M14 x 1.25 that I could either just pay them a few to rent it (plus pay shipping both ways) or if they'd be willing to part with it permanently for a reasonable amount. If not, I might buy one and rent/loan it out to people on here who need to fix spark plug holes themselves. Let me know, thanks!

Matt

let me look i might have one, had to do one on my 1k. Make sure to use the high temp red loctite stuff other wise the cert will just pull back out. also make sure to use anti seize on the plug (first time the plug bonded with the cert) and try to only remove it when the engine has cooled down.
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I have one that is locked onto a spark plug.

Apparently the high-temp red Loc-tite was not used.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have the part # & the phone # for the supplier of the Helicoil kit if you want to use a Helicoil. I use this one all the time, mostly for drain plugs but it's the same size & I've never had one come out. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          I have the part # & the phone # for the supplier of the Helicoil kit if you want to use a Helicoil. I use this one all the time, mostly for drain plugs but it's the same size & I've never had one come out. Ray.

Nah I'd rather not use a helicoil. I know that properly installed they should hold as well as anything else, but I've heard too many horror stories. Also if it does come out, you have to fix it differently where as if the time sert comes out, you just thread another one down in.

Also I found after posting this that I can get a perma coil kit for $50 from thread kits company. A different company (which makes stuff that's almost exactly the same) wanted over $460 for their kit!! LMAO I think I'll pass on that one!

Comment

Sorry totaly forgot to look last night, i know i got my stuff from napa for a lot less then 400 bucks.
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x

Comment

You might be able to try this kit. It is made by Heli-Coil, but is an insert like TimeSert as opposed to the normal Heli-Coil spring insert. In a quick search I found this site listing it at $21.00, but I have also seen it in parts stores for less than that, but I can't remember for sure how much.

Comment

yeap thats what i have, Napa sells them.
                82 Kat 1000 Project
                05 CRF450x

Comment

Originally posted by egent View Post
                  You might be able to try this kit. It is made by Heli-Coil, but is an insert like TimeSert as opposed to the normal Heli-Coil spring insert. In a quick search I found this site listing it at $21.00, but I have also seen it in parts stores for less than that, but I can't remember for sure how much.

I guess that I will have to make a run over to my friendly neighborhood NAPA then!!! Maybe I'll call ahead first though.

Comment

if napa dosent have it one of your other major parts chain stores will....the kit is uber-common. (at least around here).
                    Matos law: Murphy was a lucky B@stard!
                    1979 GS850GN
                    sigpic

In memory of Dave "Gonzo" Steele
                    1975-2008

Comment

Working...
                    X