• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard size for Jets on 850 ect

Can someone tell me if im running wrong jets? ive got #115 in the Gs850
    but apon pulling apart a set of a freinds i see he has #110
    also
    what would reducing the size do? would i get better economy at the cost of much power ect?

If it's an 850 with CV carbs, the stock jet size is 115. Using smaller jets won't really improve fuel economy: The motor will run leaner, hotter and less efficiently.

Comment

THanx guy
      were looking for a set of 115 now
      Another silly question !! i have a spare set of #120 is it the same situation if i was to up size the mainjets?
      too rich?burn valves ect?
      i have a 4 into 1 and have a set of pod air filters if that makes a diffence
      Thanks again

Comment

No, it's safe to err on the rich side. You can't really do any damage except maybe soot up the plugs. But I'm surprised your bike will run on standard jets with pods. I've got 125 main jets in my 850 with a 4 into 1 pipe and standard airbox. I tried a set of pods on it last week and the carburation was way off, far too lean on midrange and open throttle. I've put the standard airbox back for now, while I try and track down a jet kit. I haven't the time to mess around with it at the moment. Do a plug chop to see if you have your mixture right. Ride it hard, preferably up a hill in third till it hits the redline, hit the kill switch and coast to a stop. Whip out the plugs and see what they look like. They should be grey to tan.

Comment

Thanx a mill
          my bike seems to hoot along ok
          it does seem to run smoother with the air box on it
          but gee thoses pods are cool lookin !!! :-]

i have a set of 120 and 125 sitting in the shed i might put them in and see how she goes next carbie clean

Comment

Working...
          X