Off topic..maybe a Kawasaki question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic..maybe a Kawasaki question?

Picked up another barn find last week and am trying to determine what carbs are on it..I figured out is was OK to ask since I have more GS'S than KZ'S ?

29mm inside diameter engine side
    39mm inside diameter airbox side

These were on a 1979 kz1000 MKII that I have little history about.

Can anyone help or maybe I should say would anyone help even though it's a KZ?

another pic

another pic

Comment

what the heck another pic

yup you guessed it

Comment

VM type obviously, and that lever on the bottom of one of the floatbowls looks like an accelerator pump. Not sure what else, maybe try kzrider.com?
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

vm28's with accelerator pumps. Similar to gs's pre 1980 carbs.

Comment

Not a bad looking KZ
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
              vm28's with accelerator pumps. Similar to gs's pre 1980 carbs.
              Bingo! We have a winner!
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Just looked down your list of rides and I see that your 'new' KZ has a BIG brother.

Hope it's doing well, as parts are hard to find for it.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

If I remember correctly, the very early KZ1000's, (pre "78"), came with VM28's with the acc pumps. Around here, we always thought these were a good cheap upgrade for the GS100's & GS750's that always had the 26's.The later model KZ1000's had VM26's, I think without the acc. pump.
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

VM 28 is in your picture
                    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Haven't seen a Mark Kaw in that nice a shape in a long, long time. Newbee, may I ask why you want to know the model of carb? Curious?

While I've worked on many sets of carbs like that I can't swear what the model is. If your going to clean them out be careful about blowing through things, those accelerator pumps have check valves here and there, the blow gun can send them into next Tuesday.

Comment

Thanks to All

I think the consensus is VM 28MM with Accelerator pump. I wanted to be sure so I can get parts ordered. These also appear to be the correct application for this model.

I am getting to many projects but the winters are long here so I will have plenty of time.

I am ignoring the 1100L for now while I round up some more pieces. I am itching to get it going though............

Thank you for not "flogging" me for asking a question about a KAWA

Comment

Working...
                        X