Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 gsxr swingarm, will it fit?

What's up Gang,

I have a 1983 gs1100e. I just purchased a 1992 gsxr front end, but I wanted to know if the rear swingarm is a bolt on application?

Thanks, Supavert, Peace!

Most likely not. I have a '93 banana swingarm I was going to use on my bike at one time. I was going to have to grind the inside of the frame where the swingarm mounts to make it fit between the frame rails. The shaft the GSXR arm is held in place with is larger diameter. My work around for that involved using my GS bushings, shortened, in the GSXR arm with my GS shaft.

Comment

Are you going to modify the shock mount? I think your 83 has twin shocks, and the 93 has monoshock.

Comment

Originally posted by Don-lo View Post
        Are you going to modify the shock mount? I think your 83 has twin shocks, and the 93 has monoshock.
        Many of the GSXR swingarms could be done up with twin shocks. It wouldn't work with the '93 banana arm though.

Comment

Originally posted by Supavert View Post
          What's up Gang,

I have a 1983 gs1100e. I just purchased a 1992 gsxr front end, but I wanted to know if the rear swingarm is a bolt on application?

Thanks, Supavert, Peace!
          If you can find a pic of said swingarm post it up & i'll tell you whats involved, the reason i ask for a pic is there are differances in what you got on gsxr's to what we got in 92 over here & i'm not sure which arm it is tbh

cheers tone

Comment

Working...
          X