Smallest battery for 82 GS750T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallest battery for 82 GS750T

Planning on turning my GS into a cafe racer. As such, I'd like to open up the spot where the battery sits now, create a custom solo seat and relocate the battery to the spot behind the seat. What's the smallest size (both physical and amps) that I can use? I'd like to keep the housing as small as possible.

You will need to keep the cranking amps close to stock & you may find either a sealed for life or gell battery small enough for your needs, but remember to check the charge rate such a battery will take against the output of your bike

Comment

see post

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

You can go with an AGM battery made for a 06 GSXR 750 which is what I have in the GS and it works great. Only ~7 pounds and measures 6" x 3.4375" x 4.1875", 175 CCA. Much smaller and lighter weight than a traditional non-sealed battery, plus you can mount it anyway you like except for upside down.

Is your bike's charging system in good working order?

Comment

You can find a VERY expensive (but very high performance) alternative at Tekbattery.com. The high tech batteries they sell are roughly two thirds smaller than their conventional equivalents, with much higher performance and a five year warranty... If you click the link it'll take you to the page where a custom bike builder torture tests one of these batteries, and instead of the battery dying he completely destroys the starter over 5-7 minutes. You can see the video on the lower right hand part of the page - it's VERY impressive.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
          X