Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

not sure if this is the right area, sawsall???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonygs1000 View Post
    I would be more than happy to meet you guys in the Pocono’s at a open track day but you guys are more experienced than me I would like to know if I could use one of my dads bike if that would be ok I have only been riding on the street for two years now but I started racing motor x
    when I was 4. I will be 18 in 17 days oh ya bring cash because I don't take plastic
    With that attitude and riding a street bike, good luck making it to 19.

By the way, that little dot at the end of the sentence is a period. Using it once in a while sure does make it easier for people to understand what you typed.
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

I got a f for punctuation

I got a f for punctuation
      sorry I did not know this is English class so give me a big F on my test grade. I have been to Laguna seca ten times in my short life I have had dinner with skip barber more times than I want to count I have sat though his class twice and you are the guys that me to SUCK your exhaust give me a break. sorry for the wake up call but you know what you can do with your shaft bikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I got a f for punctuation sorry I did not know this is English class so give me a big F on my test grade. I have been to Laguna seca ten times in my short life I have had dinner with skip barber more times than I want to count I have sat though his class twice and you are the guys that me to SUCK your exhaust give me a break. sorry for the wake up call but you know what you can do with your shaft bikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah yeah, whatever. I doubt anybody here is impressed with your boasting.

Hopefully you paid more attention in Skip's class than you did in English class....
        sigpic

SUZUKI:
        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

I have been to Laguna seca ten times in my short life I have had dinner with skip barber more times than I want to count I have sat though his class twice and you are the guys that me to SUCK your exhaust give me a break.
          Ok, Anthony ... since you're a newbie we'll give you a break! Tell Skip we said "hi!" Since it would appear you have some respect for the guy I suggest you ask him for his opinion of shafties at your next dinner ... you might be surprised by the amount of respect a seasoned veteran will show ALL manner of contraption, regardless of how it's propelled.

Just remember ... the most important aspect of ANY riding, track or otherwise, is safety first. Follow that rule and you'll do just fine. And for the record, we'd be happy to include you at our rallies so take a chill pill and join in rather than trying to tell everybody how much you know. I've been riding much longer than you've been alive, yet I'm more than willing to admit that I can (and do) learn something new almost every time I go on a serious ride...

Regards,

Comment

I got a f for punctuation sorry I did not know this is English class so give me a big F on my test grade. I have been to Laguna seca ten times in my short life I have had dinner with skip barber more times than I want to count I have sat though his class twice and you are the guys that me to SUCK your exhaust give me a break. sorry for the wake up call but you know what you can do with your shaft bikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            My,we've got a fiesty one here.I was young once........it was sooooooo long ago (jeez I used to be quick... ).Having a good grounding in dirt bikes will stand you in good stead on the road,young mate.The biggest problem is getting used to the hugely extra mass and sudden traction if you get into a slide,+ ,+ ,+ ,+.When it goes bad,it usually does quickly and there's not a lot you can do. Sounds like you've had a bit of a go on a track and already got tips from an old fart .Keep it up and you'll enjoy the ride a lot more.Some of the sh#t us elderly gentlemen dribble IS worth listening to.If you like old bikes of the GS era,take a look at the BMW R90S .Good shaftie that!Some folk love 'em and some folk hate 'em.Just might want to be a bit careful when you slag something that someone else loves. Maintain the FIEST.Cheers,Simon.
            http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esMapSimon.jpg

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

SORRY GUYS. I love old bikes it was my choice. I could have any bike I wanted but I picked the gs line. it could have been the gsxr or the r1, but I picked the bikes that stood the test of time that are being torn apart every day for drag racing or for bobbers or for parts . now you cant underestimate someone because of there age that would be like saying
              mike Tyson only boxing for six years was not tough at 18 years old. I am the first to admit I have a ton to learn but let me tell you I have learned allot already. and for some J.O. to tell me with my attitude I will not make it to 19 without even knowing me is absurd (maybe he will die from cancer from smoking) P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!! simmon I am really good friends with a couple guys from Australia one owns a pub here in binghamton NY his name is glen (pubs name the blind tiger ) and he is about 50ish he keeps trying to give me money to put the name of his bar on my bike but ten dollars is not enough
              Last edited by Guest; 01-01-2009, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Never, ever underestimate some old dude on a slow-looking bike.

Don't ask me how I know...

Comment

Anthony,a fiftyish year old Aussie that KEEPS trying to give you money ???? Be VERY careful.Find out what he wants to stick and where he wants to stick it before you go taking his cash. .Cheers,Simon.
                  http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esMapSimon.jpg

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Harrop View Post
                    Never, ever underestimate some old dude on a slow-looking bike.
                    I think Grandpa would agree. I'm surprised he hasn't jumped in, with a scolding....or a challenge.
                    The GS shafties are fine machines.....really not that different in power/handling than the E's. I think if Anthony has to chance to ride one, he might be surprised. And, the technology has come a long way since then. This one would smoke our E's six ways to Sunday, twisties or straights, rider skill being equal.

If you prefer the racy version, to study the specs...

Tony.
                    '82 GS1100E

Comment

Ride to enjoy-enjoy to ride

Hey I like the shafty's. I own 2 or 3 of them. I ride 2 of them and the wife rides the other. Who cares about the speed, the leaning in the twisties and all that other stuff. What about the fact about being on a almost 30 year old bike that runs great and looks good and it is just a great toy to ride. You don't have to be a thrill seeker to ride these bikes and test their ability. They are just a well made bike that has left it's mark in our lifetime.( Ride to enjoy- enjoy to ride) A line well said!!!!!!! bmac

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                        This one would smoke our E's six ways to Sunday, twisties or straights, rider skill being equal.

My brother-in-law quite agrees with you. He has been a weekend drag racer for several years and has a business of building drag bikes (specializes in Kaw Z1 engines). Until last year, his street bike was a ZRX1200, he now has a C14, too. He likes the Connie so much, the ZRX is up for sale.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

what a rude fella

Hello, this is my first post. I've been lurking/learning since May from this awesome site and have actually learned everything I've needed with out posting. My first post had to be about this banned guy, highpointbuc. When I first saw him posting Iwas excited because we are from the same town in nc. I am so glad I put off contacting him. Idon't thing he plays well with others. Anyway I commend this site's members and administrators for getting him out of here. THat says alot about you guys and really motivated me to finally pop my cherry on posting. You'll hear from me later. Stuart P.S Anybody on two wheels and a good attitude, I would be honored to ride with shaft or chain drive.

Comment

change of mind ?

I am mostly into drag racing and shaft drive bike are limited hard to change wheel gearing with out changing tire size. let me say again
                            I will be 18 in a couple of weeks and it is hard enough for me to pull
                            up at our local cruse night without some smart A$$ breaking my chops for being on a 30 year old bike. until I explain it, if it was not for this bike
                            his crotch rocket would not be there. and it is cool to ride 9 different bikes
                            now if a nice green 850G was to show up cheep I might change my mind

Comment

Originally posted by gser425 View Post
                              Hello, this is my first post. I've been lurking/learning since May from this awesome site and have actually learned everything I've needed with out posting. My first post had to be about this banned guy, highpointbuc. When I first saw him posting Iwas excited because we are from the same town in nc. I am so glad I put off contacting him. Idon't thing he plays well with others. Anyway I commend this site's members and administrators for getting him out of here. THat says alot about you guys and really motivated me to finally pop my cherry on posting. You'll hear from me later. Stuart P.S Anybody on two wheels and a good attitude, I would be honored to ride with shaft or chain drive.
                              HEY, BASSCLIFF.

NEWBIE IN AISLE THREE.

, Stuart.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by gser425 View Post
                                Welcome aboard, Stuart! as Steve (the other Steve) has alluded to, Basscliff will be along shortly with your unofficial "Official" welcome (which you've no doubt seen bequeathed on others in the past)! We're glad to have you, and look forward to more active involvement now that you've jumped over to the "official" side of the community!

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X