GSX750/1100 Exhaust Will Fit GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX750/1100 Exhaust Will Fit GS750

I looked for the answer to this question everywhere and couldn't find the answer so thought i'd put it up for reference--i've just got an exhaust off a gsx1100(16 valve) and it bolted straight on my gs750(8 Valve)--it went on perfect at the engine end and only needed very slight alteration at the rear mounting to fit

Schweeeeeeet! Good to know!

What country are you in, and what year was the GSX? This would help clarify the info about the donor bike tremendously.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

exhaust

i'm in England and i believe the gsx was around 1980/1981

Comment

Originally posted by nickyboy4 View Post
        i'm in England and i believe the gsx was around 1980/1981
        You'll be confusing all the Yanks - the didn't add the X to GS for the 16 valve bikes so that'll be a GS1100 to them

What make exhaust did you get?
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

exhaust

it's a harris with a race baffle in it-in rough but solid condition-bikes got crappy k & ns on it at the mo so i either need to get a proper filter box or persevere with the filters and try to get the jetting right!
          worth it for the sound tho

Comment

Got me a GSX 750SE over here - probably one of about 5 in the whole US.

Would love to find a cheep effective exhaust alternative, available locally of course. Is that a tall order or what?

Comment

Nice get - Harris is in my opinion the equal of any period correct exhaust on a 750.

Sorting the carbs shouldn't be to bad. With K&Ns you'll be looking at something between 122.5 and 130 on the mains, standard pilots, air screws out about 2 turns and fuel screws around 1. And try the clip position on the needle in number 4 from the top. (Getting a decent airbox over here is like trying to find the proverbial needle.....)

Which part of the UK are you in?
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
              X