Carb O-Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb O-Rings

I was in the process of rebuilding a set of carbs, during which a few of the small o-rings on the air/pilot screws tore. Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places, but I was unable to find a source for these o-rings, only exception being that you could get them if you bought an entire carb rebuild kit.

So, being the good purchasing agent that I am, I found a place that makes these o-rings, called them up and asked about what their minumum order was, explaining that I only needed 2 pcs of two different sizes for my motorcycle. Normally, their min. order is $20 / line item (i.e. various size), however they generously offered to just send me the parts as samples.

If there are enough people here on the forum looking for these o-rings, I wouldn't mind going ahead and placing some orders with them. I just don't want to abuse their generosity, and have dozens of people suddenly calling them for free sampes. If there's any interest, please let me know. I personally don't mind paying .50 -$1.00 each for these, being that they were kind of hard to find. And if there's 5 or more people here, each looking for a set of 4 pcs.....I wouldn't mind placing the order(s) with them.

They're sending me 3 different sizes, so that I can see which ones fit the best. (Carb that I'm rebuilding is 26 VM carb) I'm pretty sure one of them will fit, but since the original ones on my carbs were deformed/ruined, I don't know what size they originally started out as.

The sizes they are providing me are:

ID Thickness
    2.9 mm 1.7mm
    3.68 mm 1.7mm
    4.47 mm 1.7mm

They also come in 1.8, 2.6, 5.2, 6.0, and 7.6 mm ID's with the same 1.7mm thickness. The material is Nitrile/Buna-N.

Again, if there's any interest, let me know. I'm not doing this to make any money....just to help out. They were nice enough to help me out, and maybe there's enough interest on this site to return the favor.
    Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
    1982 GS1100E
    1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Re: Carb O-Rings

Ron, if you get enough takers to place an order, you can count on me for enough to do 16 carbs. :-) (I dont need them right now, but I know there will be a point when I will)

Earl
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

i don't know if this will help you. http://home.att.net/~robert.barr/#Outside%20of%20the i bought his set for my bike and it worked great

ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Ryan,

Yes, Robert's O-ring kits work great. I bought one from him for my GS850 CV carbs a while back. But that's it, he only provides o-ring sets for the CV carbs, not the VM carbs, which have different size o-rings. I wish he did; would've saved me some time looking around.
        Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
        "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
        1982 GS1100E
        1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

I will take 2 sets

Comment

If anyone can tell me the size I would need for my fuel mixture screws, and your getting them, then I would like a set (or two).

original slide carbs '78 gs 550E (i would be glad to pay for your trouble)
            thanks Billy Miles

Comment

Working...
            X