gsx750 bottom end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsx750 bottom end

G'day y'all.Im doing the bottom end of my 80gsx.an Aussie.Ive had the crank ground .25 under,both big ends and mains.My cases are "B" size and as i say the crank is now .25 under!Ive been supplied with part-12229-45400-025.And i think that these are for the "A" size cases.Can anyone clear this up for me?

I searched mrcycles.com and it stated you bought a .25 crankshaft bearing.
    Not sure about the A or B cases.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I only ever see one size of undersized bearings, as if journal size and bearing crush height didnt matter. My crank is in good shape so I am just ordering new rod bearings. The mains are in good shape, hardly even touched at all, and measure under 1.5 thou so I am reusing them.

Comment

thanks chef and gearhead.This is a worry!The young bloke at the parts counter said that Suzuki could not answer my question either.BUT since mine is an "B" case i will be fitting my crank with too large an oil gap,or is that the other way around,that the bearings will be pinched too much.Whatever,their not correct.Hey Chef,love your work.Ta,Greg

Comment

It's a lot of work, assemble the cases without the crank & measure the bearing, Measure the crank then subtract to get the clearance OR do it the old fashion way. Get some plastic gauge & put a strip on the crank & bolt everything together-disassemble, compare the strip to the scale to get the clearance.
          OR put it together and pray it is Ok

Comment

Thanks Sqdancer,I will do the plasti gauge route today.However,Suzuki SHOULD be able to tell me which case configuration their bearings confirm to.They can for all of the other "colours".The way thing are i seem to have no other option,if my crank binds on assembly,than to line bore my cases.And that cant be right!!!Thanks again and happy christmass.

Comment

cant find 5th

hi.Ive put my cases together today,and promptly took them apart again as I could not sellect 5th gear.What gives guys.

Comment

So the shifter forks slide freely in the drum with the cases split?
                Does the shaft freeze up?
                Do the dogs slide in and out smoothly in the tranny?
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

hi Chef.yeah,well did a dummy run with box assembled in lower case and all was well!!!!So i joined the cases again,same issue.But good karma,or something,as when i took her apart i found that crank-web bolt#3 was stretched.A whole new set is now in service.Anyhow,Ta.

Comment

DOH,still no #5!!!!!sellector drum rotates fine untill 4 and them wont move to 5.forks not bent.had the drum out and fine.the clusters were never split and i have done a lot of miles on this scoot without any problems.I have tried closing the cases with the box in different gears,is there something else that i must add to the long list of things that i dont know????????

Comment

i found #5.Bloody thing was in there the whole time.

Comment

Looking for sixth gear my friend?

Comment

Working...
                        X