What is your Cylinder Index?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your Cylinder Index?

We have a radio show on in this area weekday afternoons called Garage Logic. It is broadcast out of Minneapolis/St. Paul MN from 2-5 PM CST each day, and is also broadcast over the internet, (KSTP1500AM, or something like that). Anyway, the motto of the show is that, "There is nothing in the world that can't be solved, in the garage." One of the common topics of this show is an individuals Cylinder Index. This is a measure of your status as a Garage Logician. How is it done? You count the total number of cylinders of every engine you own. Depending on your circumstances, you may include a spouses vehicles, (if they are willing to let you use them). Myself? Currently I am at 45, (not terribly high, by GL standards). This includes cars, trucks, boat, lawn mowers, snowblower, motorcycles, mini-bikes. Everything that uses a piston driven internal combustion engine, (Wankel engines don't count). How about you? How's your C.I. doing?

I'm at 36 8) 8) 8)

Comment

Awww...
      I'm only at 18 8O
      That's with 2 trucks,2 bikes,a mower and a boat
      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

V8 truck, 3 bikes (do all the pistons have to currently be inside a cylinder to count ), lawn mower, weed wacker and leaf blower.
        What do have to get 45?

Comment

Minivan (6), pickup truck (6), motorcycle (4) , lawn tractor (1), weed wacker (1), leaf blower (1). Just 19. I feel deprived!

Nick

Comment

A very mighty 12!!! Two 4cyl cars and the GS 1100. No mower, boat, chainsaw or anything. I feel like an under-achiever
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

21 ....I'm afraid that I have piston envy!

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Diaz
                Minivan (6), pickup truck (6), motorcycle (4) , lawn tractor (1), weed wacker (1), leaf blower (1). Just 19. I feel deprived!

Nick
                You are depraved
                Sorry but i only graduated from high school.
                oh yes 16 pobrecito Domingo

Comment

If I include every motor in my house (mine, brother's, parents) I have 60.
                  Here's the breakdown: 91 T-Bird - 8, 87 Firebird Formula 350 - 8 + 1 spare motor - 8, My Buick - 6, mom's Focus - 4, Dad's Jeep - 6, Family Pickup - 4, Bother's Caddilac - 8, My Bike - 4, Snow blower - 1, lawn lower - 1, riding mower - 1, rototiller - 1.

Comment

18......but I can get to 20 if I include an electric air pump and a hand air pump.....then there's my pump sprayer for the garden (got to be a piston in there somewhere ).......21? :?

P.S. Do the "pistons" in syringes count? How about a "pump up" air rifle and water pistols? Does my "squirt" oil can have a piston in the mechanism? :roll:

Comment

Pobrecito Domingo:
                      Deprived, depraved -- I've been called lots of things in my life...

Just don't call me late for dinner! Eat to ride, ride to eat!

Nick

Comment

If I include my car, my wife's car, one running gs, one doner gs, a kawasaki triple, lawnmower, chainsaw, strimmer and my workshop compressor that makes ehh........23. It'd be nice to have all them cylinders in the one motor!

Comment

Where does my turbine bike fit in?? 8) 8)

Yeah right....I wish....I'm at 12 ---4 in the bike and 4 in my car and 4 in the gf's car (although she won't let me near it)..

Satch

Comment

44 8O

4 pickups(4cyl), Mini Van(6), Mini Van(4), 2 GS's(4), Snowmobile(2), lawnmower(1), Outboard(1), WeedWacker(1), Rototiller(1), and my Car(4)

Oh yeah, I have 1cyl pesticide sprayer, and a Generator too, guess I'm at 46.

And I take the lead 8O

Comment

Hey fellas I count up ...
                              (8) camaro (8)spare motor (4)wifes car (11)in bikes (8)bike motors
                              (1)weed wacker (1)mower (2)compressor

plus there are 2 bike motors not located at home. Do they count? if so add another (8)

no wonder my garage seems so small....................

Comment

Working...
                              X