No announcement yet.

Problems after valve adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad information is a problem. you did not say how it ran before you worked on your bike.

if this bike was tuned to your pressure leaking valves. now your valves are sealing you have a new problem that needs to be ironed out.

good thing there are only 3 things to get that bike running right
    1. compression= you addressed this with valve adjustment
    2. fuel mixture
    3. timed ignition
    you are the only one that has eyes and ears on the patient.

ps. I am not a fan of tenders- they shadow and ruin batteries.

Originally posted by cyberdork View Post
    Only thing I did was valve clearances, which I'm pretty confident I did right. And battery was fresh off the tender.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by paco13 View Post
      You say you see fuel spitting back into air box. does that mean you are starting it with no box lid or filter in place? If so maybe thats why it won't run without choke.
      The bike ran fine before I let it sit for so long and did valve adjustments. Sorry for the lack of info. I took the filter out just to see if it was starving for air from a dirty filter, that's all.

Comment

Hey Cyberdork,

I just had the same problem on Monday. Left my bike sitting , with no stabilizer, for a little more than a month. Did the valve clearance, and had to start with the help of a car battery.

Same problem with it dying.

Its my guess that its the carbs, as my bike ran great before parking it, and I am 100% sure that the clearances are right, and my timing is good, etc.

Looks like we'll both be cleaning out our carbs this winter

POOT

Comment

Working...
        X