Stator rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rudy View Post
    I'd say that I'd take it off your hands, but my bike came with about 4 other stators. 3 of them the right number of poles for my bike, the other from something else. I may rewind one or more of them. Who knows. After I buy a house this summer, I'll need low cost projects to keep me occupied instead of expensive rebuild projects.
    Just got through that whole thing as well-built a new house last year, still finishing it off-instead of rewinding stators, She Who Must Be Obeyed would prefer I spend my time doing drywall finishing, painting and installing baseboards.....

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
      She Who Must Be Obeyed

I like that....I like that alot !!!
      Very, very funny !!
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I've been very happy with my home-rewound job, about two years so far...

It was an evening project, somewhat like knitting a sweater. It took a few weeks. I made up a hardwood "gripper" that I used to get tension on the magnet wire. A (correction, the only remaining in the DC area) electrical rebuild shop sold me the magnet wire and the varnish. They were supportive.

However, I went the "boughten" route for the R/R, and that's worked out well also. The original failure point for all this was a pinched wire loom under the front of the seat.
        Mark Fisher
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X