Real Gaskets - great service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Gaskets - great service

Hey all - since this is not really a new product review, thought I'd post it here. When I checked my valve clearances about 10,000 miles ago (I know, I know) I took the advice of several and bought Real Gasket breather and valve cover gasket replacements.

Last week I had the cover off to finally check, and I noticed there were some cracks forming in certain areas of the gasket. It hadn't leaked, so I took some pics and contacted Chris at Real to see if he could tell from the photos if it was my gasket, my installation, or something else (like a chemical reaction with the sealer I used for the half-moons) causing the cracks.

Chris wasn't able to tell for sure from the photos what was going on, but he immediately shipped me a replacement gasket, only requesting that I send him the old one so that he could evaluate it.

They say satisfaction guaranteed, they really mean it, and they made it friendly and easy to get riding again. Use their product with confidence. Thanks Chris!

Real Gaskets Tennessee is a manufacturer of silicone rubber valve cover gaskets for aircraft engines, automobile engines, and motorcycle engines.

Agreed on all points -- they're great people with a great product.

I told Harold he doesn't charge enough...
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Ok, Ill order some this weekend for my GS1000 motor.

Comment

i had great service there too. I got a call back when my credit card did not go through, maybe everyone does this but it was my first call back.

Robert Barr was great too! had issues with a set of o-rings and he sent me new ones, no charge.
        1979 GS850G
        2004 SV650N track bike
        2005 TT-R125 pit bike
        LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Gasket

Bought one 3 weeks ago for my 1100. Ordered it, 4 days later had it. Great people to deal with and it is an excellent product. Comes in an envelope. They are branching out into powder coating also. bmac

Comment

Realgaskets Tennessee--an update

Those of you who had met or talked on the phone to Harold Carter, the owner of Realgaskets Tennessee, may be interested to know that Harold passed away sometime in 2007, I believe.

I called to talk with him in March of 2008 and was given that bad news. He was a very likeable guy, and a BMW rider in his late 60's or early 70's! His son, Chris Carter is carrying on the business. Apparently he's continuing Harold's tradition of great customer relations, too.

This is a great product. I use the valve cover gasket and the breather gasket on both of my 850's. I recommend them.

Tomcat

Comment

My Real gasket has worked very well (no leaks), and I used to recommend it highly, till some members here posted about their bad experiences and issues with the tach-drive gears, due to the difference in thickness of stock vs Real gaskets. I had no such problems, nor did one of my riding friends who installed one on his 1100E. Sorry to hear about Harold.... they are great people to deal with, and the woman who takes the orders has a delightful accent.

Tony.
              '82 GS1100E

Comment

Additional info.

When I ordered my gaskets, I had asked about the cam end plugs. I was told that they were in the process of finding a supplier for those also. It would be just a matter of time. Great one stop shopping for a great product. bmac

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                  When I ordered my gaskets, I had asked about the cam end plugs. I was told that they were in the process of finding a supplier for those also. It would be just a matter of time. Great one stop shopping for a great product. bmac
                  I wonder if they would make clutch or stator cover gaskets if someone sent them a pattern?
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                  X