2001 suzuki maurder 800cc V-twin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 suzuki maurder 800cc V-twin

In addition to my GS-550 I am looking to buy this bike on Sunday. PROBLEM KEY IS LOST AND TITLE BUT OWNER HAS GIVEN ME THE VIN. AND SAYS ITS CLEAR. How can I somehow get the ignition to the start position,cross some wires. Does anyone know? Thank you I figured Int'l Service can do the title,would the state police run the vin. just to make sure it's not hot.

new

Originally posted by doggies View Post
    In addition to my GS-550 I am looking to buy this bike on Sunday. PROBLEM KEY IS LOST AND TITLE BUT OWNER HAS GIVEN ME THE VIN. AND SAYS ITS CLEAR. How can I somehow get the ignition to the start position,cross some wires. Does anyone know? Thank you I figured Int'l Service can do the title,would the state police run the vin. just to make sure it's not hot.

I think its too new for ITS to do the title.

If he's telling the truth, have him order a replacement title BEFORE you buy.
    Last edited by snark; 01-10-2009, 10:37 PM.
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Originally posted by doggies View Post
      in addition to my gs-550 i am looking to buy this bike on sunday. Problem key is lost and title but owner has given me the vin. And says its clear. How can i somehow get the ignition to the start position,cross some wires. Does anyone know? Thank you i figured int'l service can do the title,would the state police run the vin. Just to make sure it's not hot.

New

cough "stolen" cough

beware.......

Comment

Without papers, it's only worth a few hundred bucks for parts.

The "owner" is responsible for obtaining a replacement title, not you. He can easily accomplish this with one trip to the DMV and, depending on the state, around $30.

If he won't do this, offer $300 for the parts or walk away.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
        X