HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!!

Just purchased a GS850L and need to tune it up. I have replaced the plugs but that's all. I have a couple of quesitons:
    1. When I remove the front plate and change the oil filter with that drain the oil or is there a plug.
    2. How much oil does it hold and how much gear oil? The gear oil is the real issue.

Please help

Not sure on amounts of oil, but there is a oil drain plug, under the bike it's a big bolt in the oil pan.

Comment

Thanks/Some Help

Thanks for the reply. As I understand it, the gear oil should be filled up to the bottom thread. That's the only thing you have. There is no dip stick or some way to measure. There is supposed to be a plug for it.

Comment

from the actual suzuki service manual for the GS850G

in the fuel and oil capacity...

Engine oil
        change = 2.8l iters
        Filter Change = 3.6 liters
        overhaul = 3.8 liters

engine oil type 10w40

secondary bevel gear oil 340-400 ml
        final bevel gear oil= 280-330 ml

bevel gear oil type HYPOID GEAR OIL SAE 90, API gradeGL-5

Comment

Gear oil for the trans can be changed, the drain plug is accessed by removing the gear shift lever and the cover you will then be able to see the drain plug for the trans. Fill it until oil comes out of the level check bolt hole 10 mm bolt to the left of the drive shaft boot. Rear diff oil is self explaned, just look use 85-90 wt std gear oil not synthetic

Comment

all three levels are checked with the bike on it's center stand!

Comment

You need to get a Chilton (or is it Clymer) service manual, widely available on the internet or large bookstores. All the information you're requesting is all there, well described and illustrated.

Nick

Comment

Working...
              X