Post tip-over inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post tip-over inspection

Well, I managed to have a low speed tipover while entering my driveway today. :roll: There was a guy on a 10 speed coming out on the wrong lane of the driveway and when we met up I jacknifed the steering and flopped over. I figured it was better to stop rather than run him down but obviously I didn't use enough back brake. Luckily the only damage was a little scuff on the brake lever so there were no hard feelings. I didn't even brake the bottle of beer in my hand...

Anyway, Betty didn't spool up right away (started no problem but no power) so I assume I got some oil in the jugs. Can I ignore this or will I need to clean the plugs?

Thanks, Steve

did she clean out and run fine? or is she still not right? if she still is not running correctly have a close look at the carburetor boots, sometimes a sharp blow will tear them loose from their bases and you will get a nasty vacuum leak.
    If you picked her up quick, only a small amount of gas should have leaked out the main jets, it would have to lay on it's side for a extended period of time for any significant amount of oil to get past the rings.

Comment

I never made up any phony excuses like that Steve

Comment

Re: Post tip-over inspection

You dont need any rear brake. All you have to do is straighten up the handlebars.

Earl

[quote="srivett"]
        I figured it was better to stop rather than run him down but obviously I didn't use enough back brake.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Working...
        X