Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid question :)

i have a 83 gs550E <sick of hearing fdrom me aren't ya?>

how do i recharge the rear shock, its botteming out real easy, is there a way to recharge it? it has a single adjustable shock, i turn it all the way in, and it has no pressure, it was undone while i was working on the bike and has air in the system now

i know, i sux :P

Khyron

Re: stupid question

Originally posted by SyN_Khyron
    i have a 83 gs550E <sick of hearing fdrom me aren't ya?>

how do i recharge the rear shock, its botteming out real easy, is there a way to recharge it? it has a single adjustable shock, i turn it all the way in, and it has no pressure, it was undone while i was working on the bike and has air in the system now

i know, i sux :P

Khyron
    I dont know beans about what you are asking. But because you asked it, I will gain some knowledge by reading the answers you get.

Comment

Replacement

It probably needs to be replaced...they are available from Dennis Kirk and I've also seen quite a few sets on Ebay.
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

If it's the original ? Does it have an air valve?? If it doesn't I don't thing there is anything you can do to recharge it. If it does it should be recharged with nitrogen. Other wise You should check with someone who rebuilds MC shocks

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          If it's the original ? Does it have an air valve?? If it doesn't I don't thing there is anything you can do to recharge it. If it does it should be recharged with nitrogen. Other wise You should check with someone who rebuilds MC shocks
          i didnt see a valve, and i dont believe its air, theres oil? fluid? in the shock

Khyron

*EDIT* and yes its original

Comment

If the 550 is like the 1150 rear shock, it has a hydrolic spring preload. When they get messed up, I haven't found any way, nor anyone, who can repair and recharge them. In my opinion, If it is bottoming out, it's more likely a spring problem than a shock problem

Comment

I have a similat problem with my 83 GS750E. Except my rear shock makes a kind of "sloshing" noise (the same noise a car's shock/strut would make when it's leaking) when I pres down on the rear of the bike. Also I finally got the bike up to about 50 MPH yesterday and there is some vibration at this speed. Can it be related to the rear mono-shock?

Comment

Originally posted by mattdez
                I have a similat problem with my 83 GS750E. Except my rear shock makes a kind of "sloshing" noise (the same noise a car's shock/strut would make when it's leaking) when I pres down on the rear of the bike. Also I finally got the bike up to about 50 MPH yesterday and there is some vibration at this speed. Can it be related to the rear mono-shock?
                I wouldn't think so. If the rear shock is gone, it is the damping. This would usually manifest itself as some "pogoing" on hitting a bump on the straight, and a wobble (like the bike is hinged in the middle) when hitting same leaned over in a bend.

Comment

Working...
                X