gs750e differences year to year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750e differences year to year

Can somebody tell me what changes were made the plastics on the gs750e from year to year. I'm looking for complete plastics for my '84 project now as mine are all missing. It looks like Suzuki made some changes to the side covers. Are there plastics from other models that fit, i.e. gs550, etc.??

Also, I think mine is a 750E and not an ES. Is there a way to tell? Right now it is wearing an ugly Vetter with a square headlight and higher bars.

Thanks,

Peter

Check on-line fiches

I would check the Suzuki fiches for the difference in years. Several dealers have them to inlcude flatout, alpha sports, bike bandit and many others.

Comment

Welcome to the forum ..

Can you post up a pic of your bike to help us answer your question ?

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
        Welcome to the forum ..

Can you post up a pic of your bike to help us answer your question ?
        Will do when I get a chance. I think, looking at my seat profile, I need the side covers that are shorter as opposed to the 1985 model covers which have a piece that extends further under the seat.

Thanks for the welcome!

What about the "E" vs. "ES" differences?

Comment

E has longer handlebar risers than the ES, and the ES is faired.
          S.

Comment

'83 and '84 750 E or ES are all that will fit your bike. The ES had a more full fairing that was frame mounted, the E for those years wore a bikini fairing. Check the Gallery, http://www.thegsresources.com/_scripts/gallerydisp.php, for photos.

Comment

What country are you in? In the US, the GS750E/ES models were only imported in '83. None were imported in '84, and in '85, due to a recently implemented import tariff on bikes over 700cc, it became a 700 with different body work and a few internal engine changes.

In Canada, the GS750ES was imported from '83 through '86, and the only thing that changed was the color schemes. From '84 through '86, Canada also got the GS750EF, with a full fairing instead of the half fairing of the ES.

Some European countries received imports of this model from '83 all the way through '88, but it was called the GSX750ES/EF. As in Canada, all that changed on the European models was the graphics.
              sigpic

SUZUKI:
              1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
              HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
              KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
              YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
              X