Rear tire suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phaseman View Post
    OK, after a 22 year gap between bikes... I have to ask... What was up with the Phantoms? Did the compound change after a couple of thousand miles or something? And who made them?
    Soo you new never road a z1000j or a Gs1000 with Pirelli Phantoms fitted lovely for 2000miles then they started to weave then 100+mph wobbles started and in the wet
    you **** scared to open it up.
    They were the days back in the good old 1980s.

Comment

Originally posted by gshub View Post
      Soo you new never road a z1000j or a Gs1000 with Pirelli Phantoms fitted lovely for 2000miles then they started to weave then 100+mph wobbles started and in the wet
      you **** scared to open it up.
      They were the days back in the good old 1980s.
      Nope, sounds like a good experience to have missed out on!

Comment

Helloo

Must be show in my age.
        By the way they used wear flat and square then when you go over the edge it was aaaaaah slide odear.

Comment

Decision made!

Looks like for now it's gonna be the Spitfire S11's...
          Gonna order em' on Monday.

Thanks All!

Comment

Pirelli Phantom +1 that has seen better days.
            They made excellent drag strip tires after losing their usefulness on the street. I think on the hardness scale this skin is just after diamonds.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

You'd still have to spray stickem on that tire for the dragstrip. Traction is everyting.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Pirelli Phantoms and Phantom IIs were fitted to many Guzzis from the factory.
                They were known for leaving rubber on smooth concrete when rolled across it.
                I got 4k miles from the rear on my Cal III-and it was completely bald, and about 7k out of the front one.

Comment

Oooooooooh my god

Theyre the ones ,I did notice a new Ducati fitted with a set at the WSb round at Brands hatch so are they still made new I ask.

Comment

Working...
                  X