Tank Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Bag

Can anyone reccomend a tank bag that fits a 1983 GS1100E particularly well?
    Thanks

Originally posted by gregr View Post
    Can anyone reccomend a tank bag that fits a 1983 GS1100E particularly well?
    Thanks
    I Bought a Dowco Standard tank bag w/magnetic mount (#TR10-2104) from PowerSportSuperstore.com for $25 that fits nicely on both my '83 GS1100E and '83 GS1100G. It has the map window and will hold a day trip of stuff very well. It's on sale for $21 now. It's not one of those huge bags either.

Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I guess that depends on what size and how much you want to spend. I'm on my 2nd Nelson Rigg Magnetic and I love them. I had one originally on my '83 750E. They are quite a bit more expensive than they used to be.

Comment

I use a $5 child's backpack (sturdy canvas construction) and hard drive magnets. Works great, is big, and cost $5.

Comment

Originally posted by DMPLATT View Post
          I'm on my 2nd Nelson Rigg Magnetic and I love them.
          I couldn't get by without mine. Nelson Rigg makes good stuff for the $$$.

Comment

It's a really big, steel tank. Pick any magnetic tank bag you want.

I have a small Joe Rocket Manta for buzzing around town, and a larger expandable Nelson-Rigg with a map window for trips.

I'd highly recommend getting a bag that's expandable. It'll save your bacon regularly when you're standing in front of your bike with a bag full of stuff wondering where you're going to put it. A removable map window is also very nice to have -- the one on my bag attaches with velcro and snaps, so I can leave it at home if I want, or bring it inside at the lunch stop to plan the afternoon's route.

My favorite vendor of all time:

I'd also recommend not getting a really huge bag -- bigger is not always better, and big bags get really annoying.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

+ 1 on the Nelson Rigg. The CL-600 mid-sized bag (expandable, with a map window) was briefly offered on sale at Denis Kirk for around $15.00 (!) when a member posted a link here, and several of us got them.... the New Enough site above, has them listed now at $68.00. The red accents match perfectly, as an added bonus if your '83 E happens to be red (though the current bag design may differ).

Tony.
              '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
              Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I've got 2, a magnetic eclipes 18 liter, and an expandable first gear 26 liter. The magnetics are the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                X