No announcement yet.

Help Valve clearence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike. I am definetly planing to stick with this bike. As soon as things get a little better, I will buy an assortment of shims. In the meantime I have plenty of things to have fun with

Nico

Comment

You can't work on your car in Chi-town?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by mike-s View Post
        If you are planning on sticking to bikes that have one particular diameter shim in general (not necessarily the one marquee) perhaps that is worth consideration as well. ?

p,.s. i take it that these bikes are a shim-over-bucket design?
        Not sure what Honda has for their shim sizes, but Kawasaki and Yamaha use 29.0 mm diameter shims. Suzuki seems to be alone with their 29.5 mm shims.
        For that reason, if you get your shims from a multi-brand dealer, make sure you have the right diameter.

Yes, these are shim-over-bucket design. Might not be the best for ultra-high rpm, but these bikes don't turn ultra-high rpm.
        Makes it easier to change shims, too.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hey Chef, the inspector said that according to Chicago city ordinance, I don't have a permit to work on cars. There is waste disposal, insurance etc. He din't even catch working on a car since I was only cleaning the back of it so I could sell it. Some neighbour must have complained. I spoke with one of the cops I know, and he said that they wouldn't arrest me. Yet, I will not take a chance. At least I will not advertise in Craigslist any more (it's also posible that they got my name from there) and when I do it it is with the doors closed (it is ok now, but in summer it is an oven). so only those that know me and who I have been doing work for a long time come to me now.

I have a two car garage, and always had one parked in front of it if it was something quick. But since I don't advertise in CL. any more, buisness has suffered a lot.

What I am thinking of doing is to get another job (probably pizza delivery at night) and try to buy/ sell cars

You try to make an honest buck and help people and they bust you

Nico
          Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X