Help... Calipers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help... Calipers???

I have been looking high and low for a pair of front calipers for my 79 850. What I need to know from you wise sages is what other year and model calipers will fit a 79 850, like will calipers from a 78 or 80 750 work, and where online can I find calipers, I find a lit of rebuild kits and pads but I need the entire assembly. I greatly appreciate any help here. The only other option is to call suzuki direct $$$. But I'll have to do what I have to do. And I have been duped twice to unfaithful EBAY auctioners. The never even sent the parts after payment was received, live and learn.

I'm not sure if they are the same, but I have a pair from an '85 700. If you find out they'll fit let me know.

Comment

You have to use 78-79 calipers (round pad) 80 up (sq pad) won't fit the bolt spacing is different. Any bike 650/750/850/1000 with dual dics should work. Only other option would be to change the fork legs to use the later style caliper

Comment

Re: Help... Calipers???

Walker, I'm in Naples (about 65 miles south of you) and ride up your way most every weekend. I have a complete front fork and calipers, rotors etc (dual disk) that fit an 81 GS750E that would work out if you cant find just a round 79 model caliper. I have the complete parts bike, so have the triple trees, etc and probably anything needed to make it work.
        Do you not have brake calipers at all or are they just gone beyond rebuilding?

Earl

Originally posted by walkergs850
        I have been looking high and low for a pair of front calipers for my 79 850. What I need to know from you wise sages is what other year and model calipers will fit a 79 850, like will calipers from a 78 or 80 750 work, and where online can I find calipers, I find a lit of rebuild kits and pads but I need the entire assembly. I greatly appreciate any help here. The only other option is to call suzuki direct $$$. But I'll have to do what I have to do. And I have been duped twice to unfaithful EBAY auctioners. The never even sent the parts after payment was received, live and learn.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Hey Earl, I got the bike with no calipers at all, so unfortunately there is nothing to rebuild on. And since you and the others mentioned it, how difficult is it to reconfigure the fork set up to accomodate newer brake desings as you have mentioned? And I appreciate the help, I'm new to moto mechanics and any advice helps.

Comment

Working...
          X