No announcement yet.

Last carb question from me(i hope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you Chef?? I gues you are talking about the one that does not have a screw in it. If it is that one, I guess that a little slide hammer would do the trick. Only need the right screw so as to not mess up the carb itself. If however it gets too complicated I just might leave the set up I have now,(the pods) or, better said, probably by a new one (one has a tear in it). Bummer :-(
    Last edited by Guest; 01-29-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

If you have a stage one Dynojet kit in there just use a bigger Mikuni main jet. I'd start with a 125. I have a bunch of jets so let me see what I have.
      You are positive the press in main air jets are different sizes? That's weird.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Hey Chef, I didn't even know that the jets had to be changed. My problem is that I would like to put the stock air filter, and right now, the bike has pods. I am just wondering what is it I have to change to decide if I will do the change or not.

What I will probably do is to order the 2 air/ fuel screws that I need, the pilot plugs and gaskets, and then see how it runs.

One of the things I fear is that the shop just mickey moused it for it to run, and now I have to figure out how to correct their F-ups. This bike had two intake o-rings missing, broken A/F screw, the housing for that screw was oval shaped, etc. Since I have never been able to ride it, there is much that I don't know. For right now, I want to see if the head gasket leak is still leaking, or if I have to take the head off, do the valves etc.

Also I will have to adjust the valves. I only have the 003 and 002 feeler gages, and none of those fitted since I don't have the 001, there is a chance that they are adjusted (but I doubt it).

As you can see, there are a lot of things to do, but right now I want to figure out what order to do it. (oh, add clutch to it)

Hopefully this puppy will be running by this summer
        Last edited by Guest; 01-29-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X