Swing Arm arrived...time to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing Arm arrived...time to work

My swing arm has finally arrived for my 750. now I can get down to the dirty work...had a look yesterday...looks like it's gonna be one hell of a job to take it all apart and get this new swing arm in. I will probably be posting 100000 messages for help on here so be prepared!
    Cheers,
    Shaun

Shaun,
    It's a breeze. Just leave the shock and it's plates attached to the frame. Pull out the bolt at the bottom of the shock and the swingarm pivot bolt and it's ready to come out. That's assuming you've already pulled the wheel. Pull the brake line off the swingarm and hang the caliper from the frame with a coat hanger or something. It looks harder than it is. I guess I better get those parts boxed up this weekend.

Comment

ok

Billy,
      thanks for the info...hopefully I'll be able to go get a good look at it tonight or tomorrow. I have yet to take the wheel and chain off. I'll hafta figure that out too. I have a factory service manual which I am hoping will be well worth the $50 I spent buying it.
      Cheers,
      Shaun

p.s. no rush on the parts, box 'em when you have time.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
        Shaun,
        It's a breeze. Just leave the shock and it's plates attached to the frame. Pull out the bolt at the bottom of the shock and the swingarm pivot bolt and it's ready to come out. That's assuming you've already pulled the wheel. Pull the brake line off the swingarm and hang the caliper from the frame with a coat hanger or something.
        Billy's right!
        It probably is one of the easier things to work on. The manual says it all.
        When re-installing the swing arm and torque the bolt, just make sure that it moves freely up and down, but has no play sideways.

And while you're at it, put some new grease in the swing arm bearings.

Comment

Working...
        X