eBay Stator... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay Stator... again.

I'm FINALLY getting around to fixing my GS750, and have been pricing out possible parts I may have to replace. I've already narrowed things down to something electrical, and it sounds like the charging system. I'll know after doing the electrical diagnostic test I was supposed to do six months ago .

While scouring eBay, I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...Q5fAccessories

The stock number for the stator in that bike is the same as for my 750. IF my stator is to blame, is this a good buy? Or is it a risk to have a stator with the extra 20% output? Should I just get my stator rewound instead?

Thanks!

The extra output won't hurt anything. Those particular stators are pretty decent.

Comment

RM stator or Ricks brand stators are both good. There is a procedure on here for rewinding your own stator if your really cash strapped.

Comment

^ditto. I priced all the goods locally to redo my stator and it was under $30.

Comment

I'm just afraid of messing something up if I were to rewind my own stator. I couldn't even wind the copper wire around a toilet paper roll for one of those "Build your own radio" kits .

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably buy one of these if my stator is to blame. Fortunately I'll be getting a nice check soon that will cover the price.

Onto another question though, would it be worth the money to just replace the battery, stator, and R/R to make sure that everything will finally work right? Or is that going too far?

Comment

It's hard to go too far, but you can accurately test all three...no need to go further than you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Nalayah View Post
              I'm just afraid of messing something up if I were to rewind my own stator. I couldn't even wind the copper wire around a toilet paper roll for one of those "Build your own radio" kits .

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably buy one of these if my stator is to blame. Fortunately I'll be getting a nice check soon that will cover the price.

Onto another question though, would it be worth the money to just replace the battery, stator, and R/R to make sure that everything will finally work right? Or is that going too far?
              sorry but whats an R/R

Comment

Originally posted by nisom512 View Post
                sorry but whats an R/R
                Regulator/Rectifier, in a single unit.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Ricks Motorsports Electrics in NH is the way to go. I've been using his stuff for 20 years, never had a problem

Comment

Working...
                  X