Clutch hub identifiaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch hub identifiaction

Can you identify the origin of this hub? Is this a welded stock hub or an aftermarket conversion?

It was listed on ebay for an GS1100e and matches the dimensions of my stocker and the steel and fiber plates drop right in as they should.

I haven't been able to find this on any GS parts diagram.

See pics on this link. Thanks.

1982 GS1000S Katana
    1982 GS1100E

Wow, I've never seen one like that before. Maybe a stock basket that's been modified? The inner base looks stock.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I believe that to be an older MTC lightweight unit. They were fairly tough due to the anodized finish. Yours has the heavy duty springs and rivets but the stock backing plate. It would work well in a hot rod street bike. Dar

Comment

Originally posted by TeamDar View Post
        I believe that to be an older MTC lightweight unit. They were fairly tough due to the anodized finish. Yours has the heavy duty springs and rivets but the stock backing plate. It would work well in a hot rod street bike. Dar
        Must not have been too popular, this is the only one I have ever seen.

The ebay description decribed it as a steel clutch basket for the GS1100e but had no mfg info. I don't see any markings on it either. thanks.
        1982 GS1000S Katana
        1982 GS1100E

Comment

I think if you check it you will find that it is made of aluminum not steel. It was used for drag racing. Dar

Comment

Originally posted by TeamDar View Post
            I think if you check it you will find that it is made of aluminum not steel.... Dar
            You are correct.

I will put upgrading the backing plate on my list. Thanks.
            Last edited by pano; 02-01-2009, 10:31 AM.
            1982 GS1000S Katana
            1982 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
            X