Cheng Shin or Spitfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kruppy761 View Post
    I ordered the spitfires from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com 124.98 or something after tax and free shipping. The Cheng Shin's were about 100 from jcwhitney I think and they had free shipping too. Someone said that they're ending production so I might as well try something that I will still be able to buy again in three months instead of liking a tire I can no longer get. Thanks for all the input.
    I just ordered some spitfires from them last night for $118 free ship.

Comment

I got 11,000 miles out of the Spitfire rear I just replaced on my '79 850, but I stay out of the throttle at stoplights.

Mine keep a round profile. I think you'll like 'em.

Tomcat

Comment

Originally posted by kruppy761 View Post
        I ordered the spitfires from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com 124.98 or something after tax and free shipping. The Cheng Shin's were about 100 from jcwhitney I think and they had free shipping too. Someone said that they're ending production so I might as well try something that I will still be able to buy again in three months instead of liking a tire I can no longer get. Thanks for all the input.

No, they HAVE ENDED production of street tires.

Comment

Barracuda tires are my cheap wearables. I am not sure if they are cheng shin or another mfg but they work great. parts unlimited is where I buy from.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
            Barracuda tires are my cheap wearables. I am not sure if they are cheng shin or another mfg but they work great. parts unlimited is where I buy from.
            Barracuda are made by Cheng Shin.

After over 4k miles and thousands of miles left, I am very happy with the set of Hi-Maxx tires I got for under $100 in all conditions. And they even got me through some snow patches today too.
            Everyone else, can your tires do that?
            Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Went with Himaxx here

Will try bridgestones next time. Total about $124 but picked them up and made sure they were new and they were about 6 months old. Good thanks everyone

Comment

I'm puttin a spitfire on mine

Comment

I just got a set of Hi Max from bike bandit for about $108 shipped, haven't got them yet though so I'm relying on the good reviews I've read.

Comment

I have used Cheng Shins on about 50 bikes because of price , but they always lasted and handled good. I have used Bridgestone Spitfires on about 20 Bikes and they lasted longer and handled better. I have used Dunlops on about 10 bikes and was never impressed. I have Metzlers on my GS1100E and am less then impressed. Getting some Spitfires in the spring.
                    Bob

Comment

Hi,

The Spitfire S-11 tires will not give you the pure performance of an Avon Roadrider or a Pirelli Sport Demon. But I think the Spitfires strike a good "bang-for-your-buck" balance between cost, wear, and performance. I'm no Bill Gates or Valentino Rossi.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Spitfire hands down.

Check out the Pirreli MT66. They are better than both of those and a good price too.
                        1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
                        The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                          Hi,

The Spitfire S-11 tires will not give you the pure performance of an Avon Roadrider or a Pirelli Sport Demon. But I think the Spitfires strike a good "bang-for-your-buck" balance between cost, wear, and performance. I'm no Bill Gates or Valentino Rossi.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                          I concur... I believe that the riding style of most riders on here is on par with the level of performance that the B-Spitfires deliver.

The push-it-to-the-limits type of rider will want to spring for a higher-performing tire.

Comment

Spitfires or Cheng Shin? Spitfires!!

I am very impressed by the performance (stickiness) and longevity of the Bridgestone S-11 tires I purchased last spring from denniskirk.com
                            for my '82 GS 750EZ.

Greg J

Comment

This trip has been a long time in the making. Ever since my brother and I started riding (about 4 years ago) we knew that sooner or later we'd do this...

"We don’t waste any time, and start changing the other tires while we wait for my order. The routine is remove a wheel, take it to the service department, pay 20 dollars, and reinstall. The TX 500 and CX 500 get new rear rubber. The XS 500, surprisingly, still has ample tread left on its Brigestone Spitfires. (In fact, those tires just passed inspection in

Comment

I just bought a set of Spitfires from Dennis Kirk. They are a huge improvement over the old ones. The bike had been parked for almost 10 years and the front tire was probably 15 years old, so anything is. Seriously though, I like them a lot better than the ones on my intruder, although I am not sure what kind they are. They handle well, and are a lot less scary on gravel and other uneven surfaces. The price was right too. I think I paid about $130 shipped to my door and you can even get RWLs for just about 10 bucks more. I wish I had done that when I ordered mine. Make sure your douc#$%bag dealer will install tires you bought somewhere else without charging you a fee because they didn't make money on their overpriced tires. I went through that...not fun! I found an independent that didn't, and now they have my business.

-james
                                Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2009, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X