Suzuki Bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Bond

On page 358 of the gs850 manual, it states that Suzuki bond should be applied to the rectangle cylinder head "O" ring. Has anyone done this before? Would applying Suzuki bond help prevent oil leaks? Also, Is there another product that can be substituted if Suzuki bond is not available, Thanks Ted

Wouldnt hurt as long as you use just a smear and thats all. More of a case of holding the "o-ring" in place while you drop the head back on. Any GOOD sealing compound is ok. I just dont use stuff all when there is a gasket/o-ring involved if any when doing my engines.

Comment

Yamaha has a simillar product, yamahabond ? used more for case assembly where their is no gasket

Comment

Z1 sell a ThreeBond product which is a direct replacement for the Suzuki Bond No. 4. It is called ThreeBond Liquid Gasket 1104/1194. Costs $6 a tube. Works great, I've used it many times. As Lynn says it is for putting crankcases together where there is no gasket involved, but should work ok to hold the "O" ring in place.
        Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

permatex 97 is what I use and it resembles the original substance very closely. Tacky when applied it dries to a firm but flexible consistency.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

You definitely want to use it or something similar. Suzuki had a problem with those orings leaking right at the front of the head. I believe they put a bolt right at the front on later models.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I got some high temp Loctite flange sealant from my buddy. The bike dealer wanted $25 a tube for the Suzuki Bond. I'm going to just smear a little on both sides of the "O" ring then torque it down and hope for a trouble free riding season, Thanks Ted

Comment

Yeah there was a similar product that I had found for British bikes it was called JAMES BOND!!!!!! hahaha

oh man am I lame.

Comment

Working...
                X