• Time
  • Show
Clear All

wider rear tire on 1150es

any info on using a 140\80 or 150\80 tire on my 1150es

both will fit the 150 will be tight though
    Dink

Comment

I think the 140 will actually put down a biggger foot print, the 150 pinches in on the stock 1150 rim

Comment

Skip is right. When you start trying to put bigger tire on a smaller rim than it can handle you end up with a profile that gets triangulated and you have less contact area. It also screws up the way a bike turns. The second generation GSX-Rs came with Michelin tires that were intended to raise ride heighth a bit. They were intentionally triangular and took high steering effort to get them to initiate a turn. Once you got the bike heeled over it would dive into a turn.

Comment

I didn`t believe this at first but seeing is believing. If you have a 84 model you will have a 3 inch wheel....85/86 has a 3.5 inch. That extra half inch may really help if you go past 140. I have to put a rear on now...I`ve also been debating whether to go with a 140 or 150. I bought a extra wheel so I can use the 3.5. I`ve done some measuring...the 150 is going to be close. A 530 chain would help for clearance.

Comment

Tires

I used to run a Michelin 160 Hisport on the back of my 1150 with PM wheels and needed to shave 1/16 off very edge to miss the chain pins.

Comment

Working...
            X