this look right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this look right?

it's the starter parts i replaced in the starter clutch. since most of them were missing, this seems the logical order. the springs are inside the cups.

just wanna make sure before i put it back together tommorow.. i just spent over an hour honing one of the holes that the spring/cup combo go into, i believe that the fact the cup stuck in the hole was the reason for the failure.

Looks correct to me...my CX500 had the same setup.

Comment

great! it's supposed to be 50 this weekend. and if i can get the starter in, i'm totally gonna go for a ride!

Comment

well that was it. it works like a charm, fired right over even though it's been sitting for 7 months. after changing the oil and chasing it with a half gallon of kerosene, i strained the results and found most of the bits of the spring.. didn't find the whole little magnetic cup, but alot of little peices of it. based on the scratches i saw on the shaft the stator/clutch ride on, i think it somehow managed to get in there and get crushed?

Comment

You were lucky then.

Enjoy.

Suzuki mad

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki mad View Post
            You were lucky then.

Enjoy.

Suzuki mad
            i sure hope os. i looked around as much as i could, and tried to clean out as much of the case as i could. i wish i could have found more evidence of the cup, though would have been perfect if it dropped out of the oil whole.

Comment

if you want to be really 100% happy i would drop the sump plate off and check there is no more bits in there, also the metal strainer for the oil pump.
              a lot of work maybe but piece of mind imo
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                if you want to be really 100% happy i would drop the sump plate off and check there is no more bits in there, also the metal strainer for the oil pump.
                a lot of work maybe but piece of mind imo
                ,,,not that much work compared to what you face if your interpretation of the situation is too optimistic.....
                S.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhorse47 View Post
                  ,,,not that much work compared to what you face if your interpretation of the situation is too optimistic.....
                  S.
                  true, a few hours to check it properly is far better than a damaged motor!
                  1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
                  X