Intake O-rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake O-rings

i ordered intake o rings for my 82 gs1100gk from Mr. Barr and now when i try to put them on they wont stay.its not like they are to tight, i can get them in the groove but they wont stay.theres no way i can get them to stay long enough to put the boots back onto the motor.they just seem to roll out of the groove. has any one had this problem or am i just being difficult lol . thanks...Pat

orings

I used vaseline gently spread in grove and pooped orings on me Gs1000s.

Comment

Originally posted by gshub View Post
      I used vaseline gently spread in grove and pooped orings on me Gs1000s.
      ...or high-temp grease
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

use synthetic grease

Comment

How long ago did you order them? I had a mistake on the website that listed 38mm for the 1100 intakes. They should be 40's, and it's been changed to reflect that.

Just email me your actual mailing address and I'll send a copy of the correct items.

Sorry! Huge error on my part.

RB
          and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
          __________________________________________________ ______________________
          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

That's what I was thinking, too -- the correct size doesn't need to be stretched into place or anything.

Robert will make it right!
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

i bought a complete set carb and intake orings from him 2 of the intakes were to big for my 850 wrote him to let him know back in dec never herd back went to the local dealer and bought them could be the people he got them from mixed his order up. i couldnt tell when they were in the package but when i went to put them on they were a tad to big and kept popping out

Comment

Robert is making it right as the new ones are in the mail,and i suggest to any one and everyone to by your o rings from Mr. Barr.He has been great to deal with. and as for cutlass maybe your email didnt reach him for some reason i would suggest because from day one i havent had any problem and he has taken care of me to the extreme.never have heard any negative about him or his products and if theres a screw up he will fix it as he done for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ny_redneck04 View Post
                  Robert is making it right as the new ones are in the mail,and i suggest to any one and everyone to by your o rings from Mr. Barr.He has been great to deal with. and as for cutlass maybe your email didnt reach him for some reason i would suggest because from day one i havent had any problem and he has taken care of me to the extreme.never have heard any negative about him or his products and if theres a screw up he will fix it as he done for me.
                  2nd on that. I ordered an O ring kit and it deteriorated after a year. I emailed Robert about it, his supplier had given him the wrong quality parts, he sent me new ones and I had them in 2 days.
                  1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                  1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                  1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                  1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                  1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                  1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                  2007 DRz 400S
                  1999 ATK 490ES
                  1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
                  X