Aftermarket T-sigs, Other Electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket T-sigs, Other Electrical

I've got some replacement t-sigs on a GS700 that are set up as running lights on the front. They won't flash anymore unless the rpms are up some from idle.

Tests for the RR and Stator, if I did them right show both to be bad (stator's putting out no more than 20-something volts between the legs at several thousand rpm, and less than two volts between two of the legs).

I would think battery power alone should make the signals flash, unless the aftermarket setup requires more somehow. The relay only has two spades, but there are three wires to it (the black w/white stripe is unused).

I guess I'm wondering if this sounds normal, and if replacing the RR and stator should fix the flashing problem, or if it could be a source of the RR and stator problems to begin with.

unloaded AC potential test needs more ac volts than that

75~80 ACV at 6K rpm. equal between all 3 legs is very important.

fix the charging problem and all will return to normal - maybe.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

That's what I'm hoping. I hope the stator change-out isn't too difficult. I've got some old stock turn signals I may put back on there anyway since I think they look better.

Comment

the factory Suzuki flasher module is also very sensitive to the wattage of the bulbs. if the aftermarket lights do not draw the same wattage the flasher wont flash right if at all.

Comment

Working...
        X