Tuning carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning carbs

Alright so I did valve adjustments, cleaned my carbs, and replaced intake o-rings. What are my chances that I have to balance the carbs even though all I did was clean them and they ran fine before disassembling?

If you cleaned them PROPERLY, they will need to be synched because you took them ALL APART.

Seriously, if all you did was pop the float bowls and spray some cleaner at what you could see, all you did was waste some time and some spray.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

100% chance. ...........................
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I'll second Bill's comment.

100% CHANCE

Comment

Hi,

Once you got the carbs reassembled, did you perform a bench sync? That should get you close enough to start. Then you can fine tune them..

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I'd do it.

Don't forget to get a firm grip on the bars for your post-sync test ride. Depending on how far off they are, the difference between running fine and running right could surprise you when you hit the throttle.

Comment

As above. Yes you'll need to synic the carbs.

Comment

Well thanks for you help guys, but I no longer have time or money to devote to my bike and I'm going to try and sell it

Comment

Where ya located?

Comment

Westminster Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
                      I'll second Bill's comment.

100% CHANCE
                      I'll third it. Who knows how long it's been since they were synched?
                      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                      X