Gas cap vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas cap vent

In trying to repair a leaky gas cap, the venting mechanism came apart and I lost track of parts positioning. Does anyone have or know of an exploded view of these pieces? The fische doesn't show this part in pieces.

I have a Hi Res version here if you want a closer look.

No offence but if the cap is in that many pieces...replace it. my.02 ‹(•¿•)›

Comment

Only One Response?

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
      No offence but if the cap is in that many pieces...replace it. my.02 ‹(•¿•)›
      None taken, but...

Have I done it?

Have I found the part that is too small or inexpensive to rebuild!

Someone has to have info on this...

Don't let me be the only guy who can't resist taking a screw out of something just because it doesn't work.

I tried to be careful, I knew some spring or BB or washer could rocket outta the thing... But it leaked!

Renobruce... BigT... Nessism.... SOMEBODY!
      !!

Comment

Hey Phaseman, I hate when that happens, with all that Hi -tech camera and computer technology, maybe you should be filming when you dismantle. Are you still in the process of getting that tank repaired. I don't understand about the leak, they are vented so if you tip the tank it will spill out of the filler with the cap on anyway. The manual states you are to fill below the the filler tube for expansion purposes. As long as the tank locks, a couple shots of wd-40 probably would been just as good to clean any deposits on the internals of the cap. bmac

Comment

Filming would be good, and maybe a mechanic on either side to boot!

Tank is looking good and should be back in my hands on Tuesday. I think the leak will be fixed when I get this thing back together. I found on disassembly that the gasket fits around a piece of sprung steel that had gone pretty flat, so I bent some new life into it. Now I just need to get it back together in the right order.

Comment

Sorry PM, I've never taken one apart.

Check your previous post on who gave you the advise
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
            X