X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new turn signal unit, NOT flasher

Hey guys,

1982 GS850G

So as you may have been able to tell from another post, I'm messing with my turnsignals. For some reason, I CANNOT get my new LED turn signals to work with the electronic flasher unit i have. So, in doing so, the orange with brown stripe wire, through me hooking it up in many configurations, stopped giving me 12VDC. I think I blew my turn signal unit. Does anyone have one I can have? Thanks.

When trying to connect the electronic flasher to your bike, make sure you use the correct two out of three available terminals. You only need a two-pin flasher, NOT a three-pin. Connect those two pins to the light blue and the orange with green (brown?) stripe wires. Do NOT use the dark blue with black stripe wire.

If your orange wire has stopped giving you 12 volts, try honking your horn and check your brake lights. If they don't work, replace the second fuse from the top of your fuse panel.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve, I will try that. Thanks.

Comment

I have a auto cancell unit.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X