Center stand help for 1150EF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center stand help for 1150EF

What's the correct procedure for hoisting up this beast on it's center stand? I remember being able to hoist up a Kawasaki Concours with minor effort at a dealership, but this morning I just about busted a gut getting my new 1150 up on it's center stand. Any tips? :?

I had to remove mine due to my pipes. I now use a pit bull....I much prefer it over a center stand anyways.

Comment

push down hard on the center stand "pedal" while pulling up & back on the rail under the seat & the handlebar. Do it all in one motion.

Comment

Re: Center stand help for 1150EF

Its super easy Paul. Its almost a one hander. :-) (no, I'm not a gorilla, :-)
        I'm 5'9", 165 lbs and 60 years old :-) :-) :-) )
        I use the same technique I posted in the women's section for those not big enough (myself included) to brute force a 500+ lb bike around.
        With the bike parked on level concrete/asphalt and leaning on its kickstand.......stand on the left side of the bike. Grasp the left handlebar grip with your left hand. Put your right hand on the square sissy bar rail that is over the rear of the seat. Place your right foot about 12" to the left of the rear axle. Stand the bike up with your hands in these two places. Take your left foot and push the centerstand down until it touches the concrete. Rock the bike side to side slightly to be certain both legs of the centerstand are touching the concrete and the bike is vertical. Put all you weight on your left foot that is holding the centerstand down. The pressure of your left foot alone will hold the bike vertical. Move your left hand to the left side of the seat. (grab onto the square rail. You now will be standing alongside the rear axle with your left foot holding the centerstand down, your right hand on the rail at the rear end of the seat and you left hand grasping the square rail on the left lower edge of the seat. All you need to do is straighten your left leg and pull back and slightly up a little bit with both of your hands. Most all the effort is in straightening your leg. There is almost no strain on your back and the pullback force to your arms will only be about 20 lbs. It comes up like a baby with no trouble at all. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Paul Letby
        What's the correct procedure for hoisting up this beast on it's center stand? I remember being able to hoist up a Kawasaki Concours with minor effort at a dealership, but this morning I just about busted a gut getting my new 1150 up on it's center stand. Any tips? :?
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

it's all in the technique, I can put my 1000g up on it's center stand with ease, I just stand on the left side with my left hand on the left handle bar, my right hand on the lifting handle, (under the left rear side of the seat) I push down and foward with my foot on the center stand lever while pulling up and back on the handle,and up she comes, easy.

my voyager at 900lbs full of gas is lifted in a similar way with the exception that I have to get it rolling backwards before snatching it up, using the backwards momentum to help get it up on the center stand, or if I am tired I will put a floor jack under each side of the voyager and jack it up by the rear crash bars and flip the center stand down then lower the bike onto its stand!

Comment

Thanks fellas, I'll give it a go in the morning!

Comment

A tip:

My GS1100EZ suddenly became a mighty pain top put on the center stand.
              I hoisted it up to see why, and found that when extended, I could now see that the center brace on the center stand had broke loose on one side. This changes the dynamics of that stand a lot!

If you continue to have difficulty, inspect the stand.

Comment

It's all in the technique, before I learned the technique how to put my 1150 up on it's center stand, it was a struggle every time.

Now, as I have learned the technique it's no problem at all.

I use a simular technic as Earl, but I use my right foot on the center stand, and just stand on the stand pedal with all my weight.

Comment

Working...
                X