Tach Cable delete??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tach Cable delete??

I guess that's what it's called. I put on a digital speedo and tach (vapor trail) on my 82 gs850gl. I want to completely take it off because there's no need for it any more. I put the speedo on there last season and I am still driving around with a cable that goes to nothing in the tripple tree. It's also starting to leak pretty good so something has to be done before too long. I though there was an article about this before the site went down for a while but I can't seem to find it.

We just went over this yesterday, actually:
    This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

sorry I guess I wasn't searching for the right thing. Do I just remove that gear inside and plug it? Nothing with grind, explode, implode, etc with that tach gear not being there?

Comment

Originally posted by biker_guy View Post
        sorry I guess I wasn't searching for the right thing. Do I just remove that gear inside and plug it? Nothing will grind, explode, implode, etc with that tach gear not being there?
        Right. Just remove the tach cable fitting, yank out the gear, plug the hole, and ride happy!

We need some pics of that Veypor when you get it mounted and sorted out, too...
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
        X