Urgent question on spark plug width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent question on spark plug width

Hey guys, just ordering a vapor dash right now, and my bike isn't here so cant check myself.... the temp sensor is a washer under the spark plug, he needs to know if the spark plugs are are 10mm 12mm or 14mm?

Anybody know

(for a gs650g)

If you're talking about your 650 it's 14mm

Comment

NGK D8EA 12mm

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post
        NGK D8EA 12mm

Thanks heaps dude!!!!

MMMM vapor dash...

www.trailtech.net/vapor.html

Comment

for those who dont know what the vapor is, here it is.

very compact and neet.

Comment

Just an FYI, and it may not be an issue on your application, but a friend installed one on an XT225 and ran into a bit of a problem with the temp limits. I believe the vapor was designed primarily for use on water cooled engines and as a result the upper limit for the overtemp lights to iliminate are lower than the CHT (cylinder head temperature) during normal opperation. This caused the overtemp indication to be illuminatee all the time. the temp would read correctly on the digital display but the indicator lights where useless. As a result we discontinued using the CHT sensor and instead modified the bike to accept an oil temp sensor. when monitoring oil temp he was then able to adjust the indication point into the usable range. So my suggestion would be to opt for an oil temp sensor and run it instead of CHT if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by 76FJ55 View Post
              Just an FYI, and it may not be an issue on your application, but a friend installed one on an XT225 and ran into a bit of a problem with the temp limits. I believe the vapor was designed primarily for use on water cooled engines and as a result the upper limit for the overtemp lights to iliminate are lower than the CHT (cylinder head temperature) during normal opperation. This caused the overtemp indication to be illuminatee all the time. the temp would read correctly on the digital display but the indicator lights where useless. As a result we discontinued using the CHT sensor and instead modified the bike to accept an oil temp sensor. when monitoring oil temp he was then able to adjust the indication point into the usable range. So my suggestion would be to opt for an oil temp sensor and run it instead of CHT if at all possible.
              good point, these old bikes do see crazy high temps around the plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by 76FJ55 View Post

Hmmm okay, you do know there is an adjustment on when it sets off the temp warning?

You can set it pretty high....

Comment

Working...
                X