'77 GS750 Center stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'77 GS750 Center stand

My '77 GS750 was missing the center stand. I have a GS550L carcass sitting in my garage with the center stand attached. Problem is that the center stand for the 550 seems too short for the 750. It looks as if the chain will rub on the center stand 'cause the stand doesn't "nest" with the bracket that's welded onto the frame. Is this correct? Anyone have a center stand for a '77 GS750 that I could purchase for a couple bucks? I realize that I don't really need a center stand. But 'twould be kinda nice t' have.

Hmmmm.....Any chance that GS550 Carcas has a kick stand on it. It happens that the 1988 GS550 I own has a center stand but no kick stand. Email me at fingerz_incognito@yahoo.com to maybe work out a deal.

Comment

I'll look again, but if memory serves me well, I didn't see one on it. There's not much left on that carcass anymore, except the instrument panel, controls and the pipes.

Comment

How do the pipes look btw?

Comment

Again, I never looked too closely at the corpse in the garage, but I think that they don't have any problems that a lot of polishing and hard work can't fix. No, seriously, I'll have a close look at them tonight and let you know tomorrow, what shape they're in.

Comment

I've got one you can have. Just pay the shipping. Let me know as soon as you can, 'cause I leave for Romania on Friday and won't be back for a couple of weeks. I always use the center stand on my '77 750 so I know how much you will like it.

Terry

Comment

It's on it's way. UPS tracking numbe 1Z 770 x33 03 1357 056 2. The shipping cost was $8.93. Should be there next Tuesday.

Terry

Comment

Working...
              X