Clutch rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tas850g View Post
    As you probably were going to, PLEASE keep us updated on the clutch rattle issue. I have the same issue and it is very annoying. I/we know it isn't a performance issue but the looks/questions i get are annoying.

Thanks!
    Should have mine fixed in a month or so. I will update when resolved.

Comment

Hi Figman,

We would all appreciate your reply when your clutch rattle is resolved.
      As mentioned, it is more annoying than anything. I've had to explain
      to people that this is Suzuki's first-entry in the diesel motorcycle realm.
      And that the noise is typical of diesal engines.....lol !!

It shuts people up to move-on....until they hear it at a gas station after
      you have pumped regular unleaded gas.

Comment

Carbs out of sync will make the rattle worse. I synced the carbs on my 1000G and it virtually went away. They were badly out of sync though. The PO had set them, but never set the lock nuts...
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by jadesystem View Post
          Hi Figman,

We would all appreciate your reply when your clutch rattle is resolved.
          As mentioned, it is more annoying than anything. I've had to explain
          to people that this is Suzuki's first-entry in the diesel motorcycle realm.
          And that the noise is typical of diesal engines.....lol !!

It shuts people up to move-on....until they hear it at a gas station after
          you have pumped regular unleaded gas.

Clutch rattle is fixed. PO had someone install clutch but for some reason the retaining nut had worked loose and was ready to come off. That would have been a catastrophe. I have no idea why the retaining nut was removed in the first place albeit I am certainly no mechanic.

Comment

Clutch rattle is fixed. PO had someone install clutch but for some reason the retaining nut had worked loose and was ready to come off.
            APE sell a hardened nut that is not as likely to loose, About $30 but worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X