Good web site for part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good web site for part

Here is a good website for parts. I think it is the cheapest but the delivery might take longer. check it out guys.

Originally posted by NES07DEZ View Post
    Here is a good website for parts. I think it is the cheapest but the delivery might take longer. check it out guys.
    Link? maybe i am missing it?

Comment

I think he must have used the invisible ink.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I think he must have used the invisible ink.

well I bet he was talking about Z1 Steve..........jk

Comment

Originally posted by nisom512 View Post
          well I bet he was talking about Z1 Steve..........jk

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

sorry about that guys here it is

Comment

I have them in my "usual list of suspects" for ordering parts, but have not really found that they are that much cheaper.
              Because of that, I have never ordered from them to check delivery time.

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride

Comment

Flatout is about 15% cheaper. www.flatoutmotorcycles.com

And although they tend to be slow on the delivery, I have never been disappointed. As an added plus chris@flatout is a member of this forum.

Comment

It's in there!

Hi,

Just as a reminder, feel free to check out the list of vendors HERE in the mega-welcome. It should have most of our favs.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

My last couple of orders from Flat Out arrived commendably fast. Their prices can’t be beat either. I think the delays often come in if the part is on back order or needs to be cross shipped – Flat Out typically doesn’t inform customers of these delays which are beyond their control.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I usually just order oem from POWERSPORTSPRO 'cause they're all PSP dealers anyway. One will have cheeper price on this the other on that and then they all make up the diff. with S/H charges. Thats how it seems anyway. Try THRIFTYRIDER, they are another PSP DEALER. None of them send you any ship notice or tracking info, it just shows up. Sometimes in a week, sometimes two or more. I've tried them all.

Comment

Just a note for fellow Hoosier riders:

On Sunday, I ordered a few odds and ends from Westfield Suzuki (suburb just north of Indianapolis). Their parts prices have been reduced, and their pricing is now very close to Flat Out's.

They called me (Really! They actually called!!! ) Wednesday to let me know the parts were in.

Three business days is pretty dang quick... plus, I probably got lucky enough that all the parts I ordered were in stock in Suzuki's midwest warehouse. It was a pretty small order.

(They have a Wee-Strom with hard bags in stock! I drooled on it a bit. Sorry.)

The best part is that they do not charge shipping if you go pick up the parts yourself. Last time I ordered from Flat Out, they added a hefty shipping charge even though I was going to go pick up the parts. Chris initially told me sorry, this was their policy, but then a few minutes later backed out the shipping charge as a one-time favor.

To be fair, I suspect they may have since updated that policy, but I haven't asked. It only affects those of us in Indy, so I simply quietly crossed Flatout off my personal list. I do recommend Flat Out highly for people who are not in the area. I've placed some large, complex orders with them and they've been great about tracking down and fixing all the warehouse screwups. Warehouse errors are nearly inevitable when you're ordering a lot of obscure engine rebuild parts for extinct motorcycles, so it's a very good idea to order from a place that will go to bat for you.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
                        X