2400cc any clues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2400cc any clues?

i just came across a very vintage looking suzuki with no title. the engine has 2400cc stamped onto the side and its lookin like i need to rebuild it, but i dont know how to look up parts for it if i dont have the name. any help would be great
    thank you

Hi - that's how much oil to put in the sump. Just behind the cylinder on the RH side (looking from behind the motor) you should see the engine number.
    It'll say something like GS****........ where the **** will be the engine size (may only be 3 stars if it's less than 1000cc).
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

thank you that makes alot more sense ill be checking that and getting back on here as soon as possilbe

Comment

Originally posted by 2400cc suzuki View Post
        i just came across a very vintage looking suzuki with no title. the engine has 2400cc stamped onto the side and its lookin like i need to rebuild it, but i dont know how to look up parts for it if i dont have the name. any help would be great
        thank you
        That would be CRAZY!!!

Comment

ah it would have been crazy but i guess its a gs550 anyone with the same bike know how good they run and if it is worth it to restore?

Comment

Originally posted by 2400cc suzuki View Post
            ah it would have been crazy but i guess its a gs550 anyone with the same bike know how good they run and if it is worth it to restore?
            um....hello if you look at the post right above that your would see that I have one. and yes they are great.
            But we need info to help you

-What year?
            -When last run?
            -Pics?(this would tell all of us A LOT of things)

then we can give you a good answer

Comment

Which (year) GS550 are we talking about?

Some years have weird carbs

Got a picture??
              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

heh heh. Too bad he chose his username based on the oil capacity!

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!

Hi Mr. 2400cc suzuki,

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Just those two links above will lead you into the world of the classic Suzuki. There's plenty to get acquainted with. Here's one link in particular to get you started: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/GS550.htm

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
                    C'mon now be nice, he could have gone with tire size instead...

Comment

2400cc. Thats the same size as the motor in MANY compact cars. 2.4L....It would have to be seriously detuned or im not sure you'd ever get the wheel to hook up. Maybe so. Would be a fun project for sure!! LOL

Comment

The Trumpy Rocket III is a 2294cc triple, and it seem to go ok .
                        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
                          I was laughing at the same thing when I first read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                            C'mon now be nice, he could have gone with tire size instead...
                            so like this?

120/90-18 Bridgestone?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                              2400cc. Thats the same size as the motor in MANY compact cars. 2.4L....
                              And some not so compact cars. That's the size of the engine in my van that we took to get your bike from Lurch.

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
                              The Trumpy Rocket III is a 2294cc triple, and it seem to go ok.
                              Here is another bike that is about 2300cc and seems to go "OK", too. It's another one-off from Allen Millyard, in England. (< click the links for more details.)

Here is some of his other work, (< click)

The V-8 KZ1600 mentioned in one of the articles above is in the Barber Motorsports Museum, just outside Birmingham, Alabama.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                              X