Anyone want to clean/rebuild carbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to clean/rebuild carbs.

I am looking for someone to clean/rebuild my carbs. i have an 81 gs1000gl. I have seen alot of how-to's but i don't get along very well with small intricate parts. I surely would forget to put something in or lose something important. I was wondering if there were someone that would be able to inspect them and then clean/rebuild as necessary. I live in north central illinois but i can ship them as necessary. If interested please let me know how much and maybe a timeline ie.. "1 month"

Thanks all

Call me at 714-356-7845. I will do them for $160.00 + whatever parts they need. I have done more than 300 sets of carbs from all makes so I know what I'm doing & how to do them correctly. Ray.
    Last edited by rapidray; 02-18-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

GEEEEZ Ray...with prices like that, you could start a bidding war! JK

If you don't want to do them yourself, have someone here do them for ya...they'll be done right!

Comment

I might be able to help you out depending on where in illinois you are at. I am about 15 minutes south of Joliet in Wilmington. I did my own carbs on a gs1100gl last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Call me at 714-356-7845. I will do them for $160.00 + whatever parts they need. I have done more than 300 sets of carbs from all makes so I know what I'm doing & how to do them correctly. Ray.
          I would have payed you $300 to do mine if I knew now what I didn't know then.....

Those f&^%ing pilot jets and sealed mixture screws !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :/

Comment

Where in Illinois are you? I'm in Bloomington. I have been working on bikes since the late 70's....yes I am old....o.k.?
            Kerry..........

Comment

I'll do them if you send me the carbs, an o-ring kit, and at least the float bowl gaskets or full rebuild kits.

Comment

All of you close-to-Joliet guys best come out of the woodwork this summer for a Starved Rock cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by foxxx85 View Post
                  I am looking for someone to clean/rebuild my carbs. i have an 81 gs1000gl. I have seen alot of how-to's but i don't get along very well with small intricate parts. I surely would forget to put something in or lose something important. I was wondering if there were someone that would be able to inspect them and then clean/rebuild as necessary. I live in north central illinois but i can ship them as necessary. If interested please let me know how much and maybe a timeline ie.. "1 month"

Thanks all
                  Define North Central...

Comment

I am in Princeton. about an hour north-ish of bloomington and and hour or so west of joliet on RT 80

Comment

Uh oh

Originally posted by 82Shafty View Post
                      All of you close-to-Joliet guys best come out of the woodwork this summer for a Starved Rock cruise.
                      I think I have been called out! LOL! I would love to be there 82shafty, is any info available yet?

Comment

Welcome to GSR .. very nice first post

Originally posted by widebrother1 View Post
                        Where in Illinois are you? I'm in Bloomington. I have been working on bikes since the late 70's....yes I am old....o.k.?
                        Kerry..........

Comment

Originally posted by dr_fosg8 View Post
                          I think I have been called out! LOL! I would love to be there 82shafty, is any info available yet?
                          No no, it's always a whim of the moment type thing.

I know that Craiger was talking about doing a Springfield cruise as well.

I figured for you wilmington guys, we could hook up by Dupont road. I made it out there twice last season.

Comment

Originally posted by 82Shafty View Post
                            When do you guys do this? Someone PM me a date or website, i'm in Mokena and hoping to get my GS55L running good this summer.

EDIT. I may even get the wife on the back, she loves Starved Rock.
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X