Jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetting

What size jets would I need to run if I reuse my kerker exhaust with the baffle, and possibly without the baffle? I have no clue what size jets I am running now (how to I check?) and I am using the stock filter.

Also, anyone know where I can get a gasket kit for an 82 650G? Z1enterprises doesn't seem to have them up anymore. The only kind I could find was for the 750,850 and 1000's...
    Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2009, 09:15 PM.

Stock jets
    42.5 pilot jet
    110 Main jet
    Suzuki still makes the gaskets
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Is that 89.99 one a full gasket set or what? I was hoping to get a full gasket set and a set of piston rings for all four pistons.

Comment

Yep, that $90 would be a full gasket set, but add about another $100 for a set of rings for four pistons.
        sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi Mr. paintmann111,

There's a list of vendors CLICK HERE where you should be able to find just about anything you need. You can always email or call the vendor to make sure they have exactly what you are looking for. The part number Mr. chef1366 quoted you does say " GASKET SET, CYL 11140-34811". I'm sorry I can't be of more help as I've never had to purchase an entire gasket set. Chris (Chris@flatout) over at http://www.flatoutmotorcycles.com is a member here. He should be able to make sure you get exactly what you need. His email address is in his profile info.

I've heard some less than stellar reports about the Vesrah gasket sets. Stick with real Suzuki OEM gaskets and you'll have no issues.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

[quote=chef1366;961338]Stock jets
            42.5 pilot jet
            110 Main jet

Would I still use those settings if I was running a stock airfilter with a kerker exhaust and possibly no baffle?

Comment

Originally posted by paintmann111 View Post
              Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              Stock jets
              42.5 pilot jet
              110 Main jet
              Would I still use those settings if I was running a stock airfilter with a kerker exhaust and possibly no baffle?
              NO.

With baffle, you might do with a 117.5, without the baffle, probably 122.5, but those are just guesses to get you into the ballpark.
              Even after you change to jets what somebody swears are "the right jets", it's best to do plug chops to read the plugs and make sure the mixture is right for your bike.
              sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Alright, I'll give those a try.

Comment

Working...
                X