Gas Tank Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Tank Search

I just bought a 1985 GS700E with less than 1000 miles on it. First owner wrecked into a mailbox and was scared off. It sat for years until he sold it. The guy I bought from (a fellow firefighter) was the third owner who bought it from his brother. It has been sitting in his garage for the past 2 years. It was running when he parked it but now it won't start. The gas tank is rusted terribly. The first owner tried to line the tank but was unsuccessful. The last owner had a filter placed in the fuel line to keep any rust from getting into the carburator. I need a new tank but can't find one any where. I mean anywhere. This is my first bike and I got it for a couple of hundred bucks so I don't want to put too much money into it but I want to take care of the problem. Can anyone tell me what my options are?

Cruise Ebay and ask in parts wanted section on the bottom of this site.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Have you tried ebay, Dennis Kirk, Craigslist?

Welcome to the Forum.

Comment

PM Sent......
        sigpic

SUZUKI:
        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

gas Tank for 1985 GS700E/ES

I to am looking for a fuel tank for my 1985 GS700ES... I have issues with it leaking, the tank itself is in pretty good shape but has multiple leaks. It has not been sealed yet so I will do that first unless i find a decent tank.

Long story short I have seen a few tanks on E-bay for sell.. Found many parts to get my bike back on the road on e-bay.. good luck.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!

Hello Mr. Casey Hennessy,

If this community doesn't have or can't find what your looking for, then it probably doesn't exist any more. Glad you found us. Now let me roll out the welcome mat...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I think the tank I have is what you want. pm sent

Comment

Working...
              X