Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights

I am looking for a new headlight because my bike did not come with one when i bought it. So if anyone knows what years and models headlights will fit on my 1980 GS850GL i would really like to know please

I believe that any other "L" model should fit. I think that all the "L's" had the 5 and 3/4" headlight. With a little work you can make just about aftermarket headlight fit. This is dependant upon the mounting ears and the size of the forks you have.
    Did your bike come with the ears ?
    Use the search function and you'll find alot of threads about headlights.
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

A headlight from any other "L" model should work.

If not, the "Universal 6-1/2 inch headlight" from CRC2 should fill the bill as well:

Scroll down:

It's in electrical parts/lighting/headlights:
      CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

good to know, now i have a lot more to choose from instead of just trying to find one for an 850. thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
          I believe that any other "L" model should fit. I think that all the "L's" had the 5 and 3/4" headlight. ...Did your bike come with the ears ?
          I agree, all the "L" bikes had the same headlight shell, but I don't think it's the automotove-standard 5 3/4" light. It's more like 6 or 6 1/4", making it an oddball size to go to the store and find.

How much of the light do you need? Do you have the mounting ears, bucket, trim ring, ...?
          I think I have a set of mounting ears if you need them.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X